Excel Tutorials | How to Make a Drop-Down List in Excel | #ExcelTutorials
#ExcelTutorials A drop-drop down list in Excel helps us to spare some time instead of creating separate tables. In this series of our Excel Tutorials, we are going to explain you how to make a drop-down list in excel in five easy steps.
|Excel Tutorials | Drop-down list in Excel|
1. First of all, we should choose whether we need a drop-down list in Excel and what we need it for. In our example, we are going to use the drop-down list in Excel to show different credit opportunities.
Here, we have a choice between different sums. It would be useful to give the client an opportunity to see how the interest would change, for example. Then, we choose the cell where we want to have our drop-down list in Excel.
2. Next, we choose Data > Data Validation in the MS Excel ribbon.
3. In the new context menu Data Validation, we choose Allow: > List under Validation criteria.
4. Under Source: we choose the values that we are going to present in our drop-down list in Excel.
5. Now, we can choose between different values and finalise the procedure by clicking OK in the Data Validation context menu and returning to our drop-down list in Excel.